With one-on-one support every step of the way, Dr. David provides comprehesive weight loss plans, individually personalized for each patient. Using the latest evidence-based medicine and research plus her years of experience as a General Practicioner, Dr. David offers lifestyle coaching on nutrition, physical activity and behavior.
100% Physician Guided
From your very first visit to your last, you'll see Dr. Alexis David, a Board Certified Obesity Specialist, at every appointment. Every step of the way, Dr. David offers her expertise to guide you on your weight loss journey. You don't have to do this alone.
Obesity is a disease and medical treatments are available to improve metabolism, regulate hunger, increase satiety (sense of fullness), and to reduce cravings. That's right, It’s not your fault. There is more to it than calories in, and calories out. Help is available.
There are four main areas of treatment that we work on together: Nutrition, Physical Activity, Behavior, and Medication.
Initially, I focus mainly on working on your eating habits, what & when you are eating, discuss your activity level and we decide together what type of activity would be best for you. In addition to lifestyle coaching, I am also able to review your medications & consider alternatives if there are some that cause weight gain or make it difficult to lose weight. I also prescribe medications to assist with weight loss when it is indicated, and when you are comfortable doing so.
Body Composition Consult
- You are welcome to come in for a short visit (15-20 minutes) to learn more about me and my program. You will have your first measurements taken on a medical Body Composition Analyzer scale. With this state-of-the-art equipment, I will provide you with accurate body mass index (BMI), basal metabolic rate, body fat percentage, muscle mass, total body water weight, and more information about your body. You will receive a print-out of your results with my analysis, some helpful tips, as well as a summary of my program and pricing.
- There is no obligation to you after this visit. If you decide to start the program, you will be scheduled to begin the Medical Clearance & Phase 1 of the program.
Medical Clearance & Phase 1
- Once you decide you would like to start the program, you will be scheduled for your first medical appointment. At this visit, we will discus your weight history, past medical and surgical history, and perform an exam. You will be provided with materials that we will review together. We will meet weekly for the first month. The first two appointments will be 50 minutes each. The remaining 3 appointments will be 25 minutes each. After the first month, visits will decrease in frequency to every other week for months 2-6 of treatment. During these visits, I will continue to customize your care to meet your specific needs at the time that you need it most.
- Through regular visits, we will be able to celebrate the good weeks, and work through your struggles during the more challenging weeks. It is during the difficult weeks that our visits are most valuable to help guide you through and continue your progress.
Phases 2 & 3 - Transition & Maintenance
- Once you have completed at least 6 months of active weight loss, PHASE 2 helps you transition toward maintenance. Typically, visit frequency will decrease to a monthly basis for the next 6 months. However, you may choose to have a different visit frequency and continue every 2-6 weeks. Your care will continue to be customized to fit your needs.
- During PHASE 3 we will work together to ensure that you are able to maintain the weight you have already lost. Visit frequency is determined on a case by case basis. Some clients continue at the same frequency as in Phase 2, most prefer to be seen every other month, and a few come in every 3 months. From start to finish, the program is individually structured to fit each patient.
Do you accept insurance?
No. Dr. David & Premier Medical Weight Management does not accept insurance at this time.
- All payment is due at time of service.
- Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account funds can be used for payment.
- Upon request, you will be provided with documentation needed for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
- Dr. David is considered an out of network provider.
- Reimbursement from your insurance is paid to you directly and the amount depends on many factors related the type of plan you have as well as your medical history/diagnosis codes.
- Unfortunately, not all medical insurance policies cover expenses incurred for medical weight loss services (it is currently an opt-in item based on employer & specific plan). Be sure to check with your insurance company if your plan includes out-of-network providers. The amount of reimbursement varies by insurance provider and it is your responsibility to contact your insurance and/or FSA company for information about coverage and reimbursement.
What is the typical weight loss and how long does it take?
Every patient has a unique metabolic health profile and weight loss goals. This is not a “one size fits all” program, and the amount of pounds varies from one person to the next.
However, my patients lose an average of 15% of their starting body weight and successfully maintain that weight loss.
Please take a look at some of my client’s Success Stories to hear about each of their weight loss journeys.