Skip to content
Can I use my insurance for these visits?
- Dr. David & Premier Medical Weight Management do not accept insurance at this time
- All payment is due at time of service.
- Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account funds can be used for payment.
- Upon request, you will be provided with documentation needed for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
- Dr. David is considered an out of network provider.
- Reimbursement from your insurance is paid to you directly and the amount depends on many factors related the type of plan you have as well as your medical history/diagnosis codes.
- Unfortunately, not all medical insurance policies cover expenses incurred for medical weight loss services (it is currently an opt-in item based on employer & specific plan). Be sure to check with your insurance company if your plan includes out-of-network providers. The amount of reimbursement varies by insurance provider and it is your responsibility to contact your insurance and/or FSA company for information about coverage and reimbursement.
How does the program work?
- A medical model that discovers underlying medical causes of your weight gain and weight retention
- Lifestyle change that focuses on long-term goals and maintenance of them
- An individualized treatment plan combined with support and accountability from a board certified weight specialist
What is unique about this program?
- I take an individualized approach to weight with an emphasis on improving health as well as weight loss. By working one on one with me, a medical physician, I will help to empower you with the knowledge & skills needed to help you manage your health proactively for life.
What is the average weight loss?
- My patients lose an average of 15% of their starting body weight and maintain that weight loss.
- Every patient has a unique metabolic health profile and weight loss goals. This is not a “one size fits all” program, and the amount of pounds will vary from one person to the next.
How much does the program cost?
- Cost will vary depending on a variety of factors, including the number and length of visits, the desired goal, the medical diagnosis and your insurance coverage – should you choose to request reimbursement from your insurance. See above regarding insurance
- Fees are based on length of visit.
- The first 2 visits are 50 minutes, the rest are 25 minutes
- Typical program over 6 months includes 5 visits the first month, and then 2 per month each month afterwards.
- Some choose to be seen weekly
- 50 minute visits are $300
- 25 minute visits are $150
- A body composition test can be done at every visit and is included in the visit fee.
- Other products such as vitamins and protein shakes & bars, etc. are available for an additional fee & charged per item.
What will I be eating?
- I do encourage making the lifestyle change using primarily real food to make it as sustainable as possible. That being said, I do have meal replacements and supplements available if that is the best option for you. The main focus will be to decrease refined carbohydrates and increase protein intake. I will provide guidance on meal planning and preparation so that you can follow the lifestyle change that best suits your health & household needs.
How many calories are recommended to eat?
- This will vary from one person to the next. We do not focus on calories in, but rather you will learn to focus more on the type of calories that you eat.
Do I have to Exercise?
- Exercise is not the main focus, and is not required with my program. While the main focus will be on nutrition, I will encourage you to try to be more active throughout your day. We will discuss this more during your visits so as to make an individualized recommendation that will fit you best.
Are prescription medications required?
- Weight loss medications may be suggested or prescribed based on individual needs, but they are not required or mandatory.
- There are many medications that are available whose function is to improve metabolism, regulate hunger, increase satiety (sense of fullness), and to reduce cravings.
- Which medication is used will depend on the different needs of each individual person.
- Some of the medications used include: phentermine, Qsymia (phentermine/topiramate), Saxenda (liraglutide, aka Victoza), Contrave (bupropion/naltrexone), and others.
Are there any requirements to participate in the program?
- There are no specific requirements to become a patient of Premier Medical Weight Management. If you are motivated to improve your health and make a lifestyle change to assist with weight loss, you are welcome.
What if I have medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, etc?
- This is one of the main reasons to participate in a physician managed weight loss program. Having excess weight and obesity are significant risk factors for over 40 medical conditions. I have the expertise and experience to monitor your weight loss so that it is done safely. Many patients with medical conditions improve their lab results and often require less medication to control their chronic medical conditions.
What happens if I gain weight?
- I will work together with you to find a solution that will help you progress and maintain your weight loss and health gain goals.
Do you offer bariatric surgery?
- No, I do not offer weight loss surgery. If you are considering such a serious procedure, I would encourage you to try my medical weight loss program. There will overall be less expense, less lifestyle changes and risk, and you will likely lose a similar amount of weight that can be lost through surgical options without having to undergo surgery, costs and risks associated with it.